What is Nicotinamide Riboside?
- Nicotinamide riboside or niagen, is an alternative form of vitamin B3, also called niacin.
- Like other forms of vitamin B3, nicotinamide riboside is coverted by your body into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), a coenzyme or helper molecule.
- NAD+ acts as fuel for many key biological processes, such as:
- Converting food into energy
- Repairing damaged DNA
- Fortifying cells’ defense systems
- Setting your body’s internal clock of circadian rhythm
- However, the amount of NAD+ in your body naturally falls with age.
- Low NAD+ levels have been linked to health concerns like aging and chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and vision loss.
- Interestingly, animal research has found that raising NAD+ levels may help reverse signs of aging and lower the risk of many chronic diseases.
- Nicotinamide riboside is also found in trace amounts of cow’s milk, yeast and beer.
- Nicotinamide riboside supplements-such as niagen-have quickly become popular because they appear to be especially effective at raising NAD+ levels.
- NAD+ plays a key role in helping your brain cells age well.
- Within brain cells, NAD+ helps control the production of PGC-1-alpha, a protein that appears to help protect cells against oxidative stress and impaired mitochondrial function.
- Researchers believe both oxidative stress and impaired mitochondrial function are linked to age-related brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Possible Side Effects
- Some people have reported mild to moderate side effects, such as nausea, fatigue, headaches, diarrhea, stomach discomfort and indigestion.
- During the infusion, you can experience chest tightness, flushing, sweating and overall discomfort. Symptoms usually abate during the treatment by slowing the infusion rate and resolve themselves shortly after the completion of the infusion.
NAD – Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide
B3 vitamin derivative
- Prevent cancer
- Increases metabolism
- Increases energy
- Pain relief
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces cravings for alcohol and other drugs
- Prevents and helps repair DNA damage
- Can aid with anxiety and depression
- Helps with PTSD
- Can improve post-Covid brain fog and fatigue
NAD is a B vitamin derivative Co-Enzyme. It is found in humans in the cell mitochondria. The mitochondria is the “workhorse” that turns the food we eat into fuel. NAD+ promotes cellular regeneration and is a part of the conversion of cellular energy. NAD+ has been proven in research to repair DNA, fight inflammation, and helps to prevent memory loss and diseases that affect the brain.
How does NAD work?
By replenishing cellular levels of NAD via IV therapy, research has shown to repair DNA, protect brain cells from damage, reduce inflammation, and fight the oxidative processes that cause aging and disease. The intravenous NAD+ activates enzymes in the bloodstream called sirtuins which promote good aspects of your genes
What if there was a substance that could turn back time, restore energy, improve athletic performance, bring back clarity of thought, reverse depression and help curb cravings for alcohol and drugs even in the most addicted individuals? N.A.D. is that substance!
NAD+ IV Therapy is an emerging vitamin therapy that is all-natural, holistic, and has shown outstanding results. IV NAD+ therapy may be the light at the end of the tunnel for many people suffering from addiction, age-related diseases, and chronic fatigue. NAD is also used by those just wanting to repair the power source in their cells (mitochondria), lengthen their telomeres (markers of biological age), or give more power back to their brain!
NAD is a coenzyme that powers metabolic processes and impacts a wide variety of systems including digestion, cognition and mental clarity, aging, and overall energy levels. One of its most significant roles within the body is in oxidation-reduction (redox) reactions. These reactions are a part of the metabolic system and converts food into the energy the body needs to function properly. Among other functions, NAD plays a significant role in anti-aging. NAD works on mitochondria and increases the length of telomeres, which are the protective caps located at the ends of chromosomes that become shorter as the body ages. NAD increases the activity of SIRT1 and PARP 1 proteins, which are linked with a slower rate of aging and influencing DNA repair respectively.
The body naturally produces NAD, but overall levels of the coenzyme decrease over time, leading to cellular changes that result in age-related pathologies. IV NAD+ gives your body back this powerful molecule.
Anti-aging – NAD is an essential coenzyme that promotes cellular regeneration and brain restoration. Studies have found replenishing cellular levels of NAD can repair DNA, protect brain cells from damage, reduce inflammation and turn on enzymes that help prevent aging.
Contact one of our providers today to get more information on NAD treatments and determine if NAD+ therapy is right for you.
- Chest heaviness
- Stomach cramps
- Numbness and tingling